make WWAY your homepage  Become a fan on facebook  Follow us on twitter  Receive RSS Newsfeeds  MEMBERS: Register | Login

FIRST ON 3: Autopsy confirms 3-year-old left at hospital died of blunt force trauma

READ MORE:

BRUNSWICK COUNTY, NC (WWAY) -- An autopsy confirms that a three-year-old in Brunswick County died earlier this year of blunt force trauma.

A man looking after Jaronn McAllister took the child to Brunswick Novant Medical Center March 1 after waking up and finding the boy warm to the touch. Montey Murray then reportedly left the hospital and led police on a chase.

An autopsy report says McAllister died of blunt force trauma to the abdomen, which damaged his liver. The investigation also found blunt force trauma to the child's head and bruises on his scalp, but there were no related internal head injuries.

District Attorney Jon David says McAllister's death is being investigated as a homicide. So far, though, no one has been charged in connection with the death. Murray is in charged in connection to the car chase.

Disclaimer: Comments posted on this, or any story are opinions of those people posting them, and not the views or opinions of WWAY NewsChannel 3, its management or employees. You can view our comment policy here.

»

Reply

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

More information about formatting options

To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.
CAPTCHA
Please re-enter the code shown in the image below.