make WWAY your homepage  Become a fan on facebook  Follow us on twitter  Receive RSS Newsfeeds  MEMBERS: Register | Login

Refrigerator blamed for 8th Street fire

READ MORE:
1022_S_8th_St_Studio_Fire.jpg

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) -- The Wilmington Fire Department says a fire this morning at 1022 S. 8th St. started from an electrical short in and around a refrigerator powered by an extension cord.

The fire started a little before noon in a studio/storage building behind the house. Firefighters say the refrigerator was outside, and the fire extended to the studio and caused considerable damage.

Disclaimer: Comments posted on this, or any story are opinions of those people posting them, and not the views or opinions of WWAY NewsChannel 3, its management or employees. You can view our comment policy here.

»

Reply

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

More information about formatting options

To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.
CAPTCHA
Please re-enter the code shown in the image below.