WILMINGTON -- An update tonight in the investigation in to how and why a Wilmington couple was hospitalized yesterday. The New Hanover County Sheriff's Office says the strange odor emanating from Sun Coast Drive on Thursday was associated with carbon monoxide, but they haven't figured out where it came from. Jeanne and Peter Gaidus were found in their home by deputies. She was unresponsive, he was disoriented. Jeanne was air-lifted to Duke Medical Center where she's stable in the intensive care unit. Peter is in fair condition this evening at New Hanover Regional Medical Center.
- Video Central
- About WWAY