make WWAY your homepage  Become a fan on facebook  Follow us on twitter  Receive RSS Newsfeeds  MEMBERS: Register | Login

The city requires a permit even to replace a light bulb in signs

According to their ordinances - - Do a search for 18-50

A building permit is required for "The installation, alteration or repair of any sign". Technically, you need a permit even to replace a light bulb in a sign. The fact that the sign company has no idea of this means it's not typically enforced. The code enforcement guy is playing hardball with this guy because he missed a protection payment or something.

The sign ordinance:


The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

More information about formatting options

To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.
Please re-enter the code shown in the image below.