DOWNTOWN WILMINGTON, NC (NEWS RELEASE) -- Residents of Old Wilmington (ROW) is welcoming grant applications for downtown improvement. Their very successful Back Door Kitchen Tour gives ROW the ability to make grants and the organization has recently adopted a policy for awarding grants.
Dance room furnishings at Dreams of Wilmington, the Venus Flytrap sculpture at the foot of Market St. known as Southern Hospitality, chairs and the large projection system for the Hannah Block Historic USO, a display case at Thalian Hall, a Segway for the Wilmington Police Department, the crosswalk light at the corner of S. Third St. and Ann Streets, period furnishings for a child’s room at the Bellamy, and the planting of 50 live oaks on 5th Avenue are all examples of past ROW projects.
ROW seeks grant applications from organizations that better our downtown. Interested organizations should review ROW’s grant program and apply if there’s a fit. ROW considers projects that:
· enhance the natural beauty of the downtown Historic District (defined as the area between Red Cross and Queen Streets, from Eighth Street to the Cape Fear River)
· are capital improvements – especially those that maintain/ restore downtown structures
· foster the health of downtown arts and cultural programs or facilities and other community services that are important to ROW
· are one time in nature, and do not establish a regular pattern of support
· reflect the diversity of the needs of the Historic District
· potentially have the ability to leverage other available funding for maximum community impact
If you have a program in these areas then ROW invites you to review their full criteria and procedures at ROW Grants Process on the website at www.Rowilmington.org
ROW is the neighborhood residential association for the downtown historic district. ROW has a long and valued history in its unwavering commitment to the preservation and revitalization of historic downtown Wilmington. Since its founding in 1973, ROW has dedicated itself to improving the historic core of downtown Wilmington for its residents, businesses and visitors. The fact that ROW has been able to have such a continuing positive impact on the downtown area is only reinforced by the fact that it is truly a grassroots organization made up entirely of volunteers.