1) If you have to cut the trees down, please make sure that local residents have access to firewood from felled trees.
2) What about the animals that live in the trees? Could animal control relocate them before their nests fall like rocks into the street.
3) Would it not make sense to fell all old trees. And then plant new trees which will grow uniformly at the same rate.
4) What about 5th Street oaks? How many of those dangerous trees will be taken down?
5) Have the oak trees carved into busts of Wilmington heros who were awarded the medal of honor, and put them in parks around the city.
6) Have graduates with honors from area schools help plant and erect each oak tree. Dedicate each tree to one of the local schools. These children will be able to watch these trees grow and gives them a connection to the trees.
7. Who else needs the wood from the oak trees?
More information about formatting options