make WWAY your homepage  Become a fan on facebook  Follow us on twitter  Receive RSS Newsfeeds  MEMBERS: Register | Login

NC troopers: 5 dead in New Year's wrecks

READ MORE:

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - The state Highway Patrol says preliminary figures show five people died on North Carolina roads during the New Year's holiday, compared to four deaths during the same period last year.

The patrol counted deaths beginning Monday and going through midnight Wednesday. Three people died Tuesday in a wreck in Buncombe County, and one each in wrecks in Robeson and Duplin counties. The patrol says alcohol was a factor in the two single-person fatalities.

For the year, 899 people died in 846 wrecks.

(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Disclaimer: Comments posted on this, or any story are opinions of those people posting them, and not the views or opinions of WWAY NewsChannel 3, its management or employees. You can view our comment policy here.

»

Reply

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

More information about formatting options

To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.
CAPTCHA
Please re-enter the code shown in the image below.