make WWAY your homepage  Become a fan on facebook  Follow us on twitter  Receive RSS Newsfeeds  MEMBERS: Register | Login

Fire sparks inside Wilmington apartment with occupant inside

READ MORE:
21127B00-PSQMU.jpg

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) -- A Firebelly Lounge employee helped save a man after a fire sparked in the kitchen of his apartment while he was sleeping.

It happened just after 1:30 a.m. on North Front Street, close to Firebelly Lounge.

Wilmington fire crews received the call from an alarm company after the smoke detector went of inside an apartment.

A Firebelly Lounge employee told crews he saw smoke coming from the balcony of a nearby apartment. The employee then kicked open the door, and found the occupant sleeping in his room. The employee helped the occupant out of the apartment before crews arrived.

After investigating the fire, firefighters determined that it was likely started by an unattended pan on the kitchen stove.

Disclaimer: Comments posted on this, or any story are opinions of those people posting them, and not the views or opinions of WWAY NewsChannel 3, its management or employees. You can view our comment policy here.

»

Reply

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

More information about formatting options

To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.
CAPTCHA
Please re-enter the code shown in the image below.