NEW HANOVER COUNTY, NC (WWAY) -- New Hanover County has many new opportunities for volunteer citizens who want to become more involved with issues that affect the future of the county.
The New Hanover County Board of Commissioners are seeking interested citizens to apply for appointment to the following:
- Cape Fear Public Transportation Authority (Category: human service agency representative)
- New Hanover County Adult Care Home Community Advisory Committee
- New Hanover County Nursing Home Community Advisory Committee
- New Hanover County Special Board of Equalization and Review (5 vacancies)
- Parks Conservancy of New Hanover County Board of Directors (currently open ended with no deadline)
Anyone interested can get an application at the Board of Commissioners office at the New Hanover County Government Center. You can also apply on their website.
Applications mustbe received by February 25, for the Board to consider at their March 11th meeting.
Full Story »