make WWAY your homepage  Become a fan on facebook  Follow us on twitter  Receive RSS Newsfeeds  MEMBERS: Register | Login

UPDATE: Electrical short sparks attic fire while residents inside

READ MORE:
00329K00-EJJEY.jpg

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) -- An attic fire that sparked at a Wilmington home while the residents were inside was called by an electrical short.

According to David Hines with the Wilmington Fire Department, crews were able to extinguish the fire that started around 2 a.m. at 2819 Morgan Street.

The residents, who were at home at the time of the fire, called 911.

Hines says the American Red Cross is helping the family relocate. No injuries were reported.

The fire caused over $12,000 in damage to the home.

Disclaimer: Comments posted on this, or any story are opinions of those people posting them, and not the views or opinions of WWAY NewsChannel 3, its management or employees. You can view our comment policy here.

»

Reply

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

More information about formatting options

To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.
CAPTCHA
Please re-enter the code shown in the image below.