make WWAY your homepage  Become a fan on facebook  Follow us on twitter  Receive RSS Newsfeeds  MEMBERS: Register | Login

Electrical fire sparks at Winnabow home with family inside

READ MORE:
Still0812_00001.jpg

WINNABOW, NC (WWAY) -- An electrical fire that sparked at a Winnabow home early Monday morning sent two people to the hospital and destroyed their mobile home.

Firefighters say they were able to put out the flames at the home in the 6700 block of Funston Street just after 7:30 a.m.

They say the fire started in one of the bedrooms on the side of the house.

A woman and her son were inside at the time of the fire, and firefighters say both adults were taken to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.

Several fire crews responded to the call, along with Brunswick County EMS. Crews closed the road for about 30 minutes while they cleared the scene.

Firefighters say the home is a total loss, and the American Red Cross is helping the family.

Disclaimer: Comments posted on this, or any story are opinions of those people posting them, and not the views or opinions of WWAY NewsChannel 3, its management or employees. You can view our comment policy here.

»

Reply

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

More information about formatting options

To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.
CAPTCHA
Please re-enter the code shown in the image below.