Info
Submitted by Brandon Taylor on Sun, 08/18/2013 - 6:02pm.

LELAND, NC (WWAY) – Brunswick County dispatchers said the Wal-Mart in Leland was evacuated Sunday afternoon due to a gas leak. Dispatchers confirmed a little after 3 p.m. on Sunday the store was evacuated. According to Ronnie Hayes, Assistant Fire Chief with the Leland Fire/Rescue Department, a store employee accidentally struck a gas line in the building. Hayes said crews from Piedmont Natural Gas were called to the scene and were able to fix the leak within a short period of time. The store was back open by 4:30 p.m.

Full Story »
The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

More information about formatting options

To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.
CAPTCHA
Please re-enter the code shown in the image below.

Reply