make WWAY your homepage  Become a fan on facebook  Follow us on twitter  Receive RSS Newsfeeds  MEMBERS: Register | Login

Cigarette to blame for Friday fire at Oleander Dr. office

READ MORE:
 

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) -- The Wilmington Fire Department says a fire that damaged an Oleander Drive office building Friday was an accident caused by improperly discarded smoking material.

Investigators say the fire at 6329 Oleander Drive started outside on the second floor landing. They say it burned up the exterior of the building, through the soffit and into the attic.

The fire department estimates damage at about $800,000.

Disclaimer: Comments posted on this, or any story are opinions of those people posting them, and not the views or opinions of WWAY NewsChannel 3, its management or employees. You can view our comment policy here.

»

Reply

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

More information about formatting options

To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.
CAPTCHA
Please re-enter the code shown in the image below.