Here's the cycle:
1. Person joins gang.
2. New gang member commits crime as initiation.
3. New gang member is caught and already has criminal record.
4. New gang member gets probation and walks out of the courthouse.
5. New gang member is now fully affiliated with gang.
6. Full gang member deals heroin at low income housing projects.
7. Full gang member gets shot at, shoots back and injures someone.
8. Gang member goes to court and even though he is a felon and in possession of a stolen firearm by a felon, he is once again given probation and walks out of the courthouse door to do as he pleases.
9. Gang member goes back to projects to deal more heroin. Decides to add crack to his product choices.
10. And the "Cycle of gang violence" continues...over and over and over again. And we wonder why there are never any postive results to this problem.
More information about formatting options