make WWAY your homepage  Become a fan on facebook  Follow us on twitter  Receive RSS Newsfeeds  MEMBERS: Register | Login

Cat burned by flames after residents escape early-morning house fire


WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) -- Fire crews are investigating after they say several residents escaped a burning home that caught fire in the early morning hours, leaving a pet with injuries.

Wilmington firefighters say the flames sparked at the home at 222 Rose Avenue just after 1 a.m. When they got to the scene crews say they found fire and heavy smoke coming from the house, where the residents stood by after already escaping the blaze.

Once firefighters searched to be sure everyone was out of the home, they then began attacking the flames from inside. They say though no person was hurt, a cat was burned in the fire and later transported to an emergency vet by a neighbor.

Fire crews continue investigating what sparked the fire. They say the residents plan to stay with friends.

Disclaimer: Comments posted on this, or any story are opinions of those people posting them, and not the views or opinions of WWAY NewsChannel 3, its management or employees. You can view our comment policy here.



The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

More information about formatting options

To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.
Please re-enter the code shown in the image below.