make WWAY your homepage  Become a fan on facebook  Follow us on twitter  Receive RSS Newsfeeds  MEMBERS: Register | Login

Authorities: Material stored close to space heater caused NC fire

READ MORE:
LELAND (AP) -- Authorities say material that was too close to a space heater ignited, causing a mobile home fire that killed two Brunswick County boys. The boys were identified as 8-year-old Anthony Turner, 8, and his brother 6-year-old Tyler Turner, who were students at Lincoln Elementary School. Authorities say the fire on Sunday also injured four other family members. Brunswick County fire Marshal Scott Garner says the boys were trapped in the bedroom they shared. He says the blaze began about 2 a.m. Sunday in the bathroom, located between the master bedroom and the children's bedrooms. He says authorities determined that the material that was too close to the space heater caught fire. Thirteen people have died in five fatal fires in Brunswick County in less than two months. (Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Disclaimer: Comments posted on this, or any story are opinions of those people posting them, and not the views or opinions of WWAY NewsChannel 3, its management or employees. You can view our comment policy here.

»

Reply

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

More information about formatting options

To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.
CAPTCHA
Please re-enter the code shown in the image below.