New Hanover County:
- City solid waste customers can take their items to the curb for pickup.
- For regular trash, no stickers are required for excess trash bags on the FIRST pickup after Christmas.
- For recycling, as usual, customers who have more recycling than can fit into their bin can place excess recyclables in a box, bin or paper bag and set it beside the regular recycling bin. It will be picked up.
- Wrapping paper is recyclable as long as it is not the foil kind.
- Christmas trees will be picked up with regular vegetative debris pickups.
- The solid waste phone number is 341-7875 if city solid waste customers have any questions.
Other New Hanover County Christmas tree drop-off locations through January 31:
- Ogden Park (Market St. entrance)
- Myrtle Grove Middle School
- Trask Middle School
- Veterans Park
- Cooperative Extension Service Center on Bradley Drive off Oleander
- Blue Horizon 2829 North Kerr Ave.
- Can put boxes/wrapping paper out for pickup
- Trees can be brought to the main Landfill on Galloway Road off of Rte 17 in Bolivia until the end of January
- 12 recycling "convenience center" sites, 3 of which have open bins dedicated to trees (Rocky Point, Hampstead and Burgaw)
- Runs through January 12th
- To get locations, call 910.259.1521 (all other waste accepted at those locations as well)
- 17 collection centers throughout the county...different bins available for items, including trees
- To find out locations or to get a bin, call 910.645.4279