make WWAY your homepage  Become a fan on facebook  Follow us on twitter  Receive RSS Newsfeeds  MEMBERS: Register | Login

Smoke inhalation, carbon monoxide caused beach house fire death

READ MORE:
CHAPEL HILL (AP) -- The last autopsy report for a victim of a beach house fire that killed seven South Carolina college students listed smoke inhalation and carbon monoxide poisoning as the cause of death. Chief Medical Examiner Doctor John Butts released a report Monday for 19-year-old Justin Michael Anderson. The report also said an alcohol level of 0.29 contributed to his death. The legal limit for driving is 0.08. Autopsies have determined all seven students died from smoke inhalation and carbon monoxide poisoning. The reports also showed six of the seven victims had been drinking. Their alcohol levels ranged from 0.16 to 0.29. Six victims attended the University of South Carolina and one attended Clemson University. Six other USC students survived the October 28 fire at the Ocean Isle Beach house. (Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Disclaimer: Comments posted on this, or any story are opinions of those people posting them, and not the views or opinions of WWAY NewsChannel 3, its management or employees. You can view our comment policy here.

»

Reply

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

More information about formatting options

To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.
CAPTCHA
Please re-enter the code shown in the image below.