make WWAY your homepage  Become a fan on facebook  Follow us on twitter  Receive RSS Newsfeeds  MEMBERS: Register | Login

Fire department makes quick work of morning house fire

It happened around 9 a.m. at a home on South 7th Street in Wilmington. No one was in the house at the time. Investigators say the fire was sparked by an electrical problem in the attic. It took about 10 minutes for crews to get the fire under control, and another 30 to secure the building. Damage is estimated at about $15,000.

Disclaimer: Comments posted on this, or any story are opinions of those people posting them, and not the views or opinions of WWAY NewsChannel 3, its management or employees. You can view our comment policy here.



The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

More information about formatting options

To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.
Please re-enter the code shown in the image below.