New details are emerging tonight over the Lil' Wayne concert fiasco. He was scheduled to perform at New Hanover High School last weekend, but Lil Wanye, never showed up. Now NewsChannel 3 has learned this may be a pattern of behavior for the star. Lil' Wayne was also a no-show for a concert at West Craven High School outside of New Bern last month. More than 200 concert-goers nearly started a riot after the performer didn't show up. Fans there are still trying to get their money back and the Sheriff's department is investigating the no-show as a possible scam. Even though Lil' Wayne backed out of the concert here, too, the promoter of this concert is blaming the school board. The promoter's lawyer says controversy early on surrounding the Lil' Wayne concert at New Hanover High School led to poor ticket sales. At one point, the school board canceled the concert amid threats of gang violence. School officials eventually gave the concert the greenlight, the promoter only sold a quarter of the tickets for the show at Brogden Hall. A representative for the promoter says that caused Lil' Wayne to pull out at the last minute. Tuesday, NewsChannel 3 learned the promoter is suing the New Hanover County school Board for damages in excess of $10,000.
Disclaimer: Comments posted on this, or any story are opinions of those people posting them, and not the views or opinions of WWAY NewsChannel 3, its management or employees. You can view our comment policy here.