- About WWAY
- Contact Us
New Hanover County Fire Rescue
Submitted by WWAY on Tue, 04/09/2013 - 10:53am.READ MORE:
A New Hanover County firefighter was injured while responding to a fire this morning, according to New Hanover County Dispatch. Full story...
Submitted by IE on Mon, 03/18/2013 - 4:07pm.READ MORE:
Two dogs died in a house fire on Noland Drive in New Hanover County around 2 p.m. Investigators say the owner of the home said she was sleeping when a fire started in the kitchen ad quickly spread to the attic. Full story...
Submitted by WWAY on Wed, 02/20/2013 - 5:54pm.READ MORE:
New Hanover County Fire Rescue will be able to save lives a little faster thanks to a sandwich shop. The Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation donated more than $15,000 worth of equipment to the fire department today. Full story...
Submitted by Cacky Catlett on Wed, 02/13/2013 - 5:46pm.READ MORE:
A creepy crawly problem has been resolved at several New Hanover County fire stations. We reported last month fire stations were had been battling bed bugs for more than a year. Full story...
Submitted by StarNewsOnline.com on Wed, 12/26/2012 - 4:55pm.READ MORE:
A house fire that started after a lightning strike early this morning caused “very extensive” damage to a home in northern New Hanover County, according to fire officials. Full story...
Submitted by Holden Kurwicki on Thu, 12/06/2012 - 5:47pm.READ MORE:
It shut down a main artery through the middle of Wilmington, but who is to blame for the gas leak that shut down S. College Road and kept Cape Fear Academy students locked in school last night? Full story...
Submitted by WWAY on Wed, 12/05/2012 - 11:49pm.READ MORE:
A lockdown has been lifted at Cape Fear Academy after a gas main break near the campus. The break was reported shortly before 4 p.m. in the 3900 block of South College Road. Emergency crews have closed traffic in both directions as they work to stop the leaking gas. Full story...
Submitted by Cliff Pyron on Tue, 04/17/2012 - 3:52pm.READ MORE:
Submitted by Katie Harden on Fri, 03/16/2012 - 4:19pm.READ MORE:
If you live within the New Hanover County Fire District, you may be eligible for a discount on your insurance on July 1 thanks to the improved fire district ratings. Residents say they are excited about the savings. They think it will be good for the area's growth. Full story...
Submitted by WWAY on Thu, 02/23/2012 - 5:53pm.READ MORE:
An afternoon fire has destroyed a New Hanover County apartment building. A witness saw the fire at Meridian Village on Southeast Northchase Parkway and called 911 around 2 p.m. Full story...
Submitted by Asha Dave on Sat, 02/04/2012 - 4:18pm.READ MORE:
Submitted by Marissa Jasek on Mon, 10/10/2011 - 4:02pm.READ MORE: