Police in Edenton say 15 workers at a Chowan County restaurant and catering service had to be treated at separate hospitals for what officials believe was carbon monoxide poisoning.
Zimbabwean officials say poachers killed five elephants by poisoning them with cyanide.
A Dallas mother is accused of forcing her 4-year-old son to ingest ant poison after telling her three children that she planned to kill them and herself.
The nicotine in cigarettes is the drug that keeps smokers coming back for more experts warn the concentrated liquid nicotine that comes in e-cigarettes is toxic and could be deadly.
A Pender County family of six is recovering from carbon monoxide poisoning after trying to keep warm during a winter storm by bringing a charcoal grill indoors.