- About WWAY
- Contact Us
Submitted by WWAY on Tue, 09/02/2014 - 11:03am.READ MORE:
The lone surviving suspect from last fall's Pizza Hut robbery in Wilmington, which ended with police shooting the suspects, has pleaded guilty. Full story...
Submitted by StarNewsOnline.com on Tue, 02/11/2014 - 10:21am.READ MORE:
Submitted by Alyssa Rosenberg on Thu, 11/21/2013 - 6:25pm.READ MORE:
District Attorney Ben David says officers were fully justified in their use of force when they shot at three suspects at a Wilmington restaurant last month killing two of the men. Full story...
Submitted by Brandon Taylor on Tue, 11/12/2013 - 6:33pm.READ MORE:
North Carolina NAACP President Rev. William Barber says he believes street justice is overtaking courtroom justice in Wilmington. Now the civil rights group is calling for change. Full story...
Submitted by WWAY on Wed, 10/30/2013 - 5:26pm.READ MORE:
Wilmington Police say the suspects involved in Friday night's shooting outside a restaurant ran at officers but did not fire shots. Full story...
Submitted by Sarah Murphy on Mon, 10/28/2013 - 11:51pm.READ MORE:
The only survivor of a Friday night police shoot made his first court appearance this afternoon. Jalani Smith, 20, made a video appearance as his family watched in the courtroom. He faces multiple armed robbery charges and four counts of first degree kidnapping. Full story...
Submitted by StarNewsOnline.com on Mon, 10/28/2013 - 2:23pm.READ MORE:
One of the two men killed in a shootout with police late Friday was arrested earlier this year in a Navassa home invasion, according to Brunswick County court records. Full story...
Submitted by WWAY on Sun, 10/27/2013 - 11:39pm.READ MORE:
On the same night Wilmington Police launched a joint patrol effort with New Hanover County Sheriff's deputies to combat the city's gang problem, officers wound up in a shoot-out after the latest late-night restaurant robbery. When it was over, two suspects were dead and a third was in the hospital. Full story...