make WWAY your homepage  Become a fan on facebook  Follow us on twitter  Receive RSS Newsfeeds  MEMBERS: Register | Login

FEMA

Perdue asks for more federal help; New Hanover not on list

READ MORE:
Gov. Bev Perdue has asked FEMA to add counties to its disaster declaration request for recovery, including derbis removal, after Hurricane Irene. The list includes several counties in our area, including Brunswick, Columbus, Duplin, Onslow and Pender. Full story...
»

New Hanover County waits on FEMA to deal with debris issue

READ MORE:
video As Hurricane Irene crashed through the Cape Fear region it left plenty of debris in it's wake. New Hanover County Commissioners say they are waiting on FEMA to see if the government will cover the cost for debris collection. Full story...
»

Perdue asks for federal disaster declaration

READ MORE:
North Carolina Gov. Bev Perdue is asking for a federal disaster declaration for seven coastal counties that suffered severe damage during Hurricane Irene. Full story...
»

President declares emergency for North Carolina

READ MORE:
FEMA announced that federal aid has been made available to North Carolina to supplement the state and local response efforts in the area due to the emergency conditions resulting from Hurricane Irene beginning on August 25, 2011, and continuing. Full story...
»

NC storm victims say FEMA assistance spotty

READ MORE:
The Federal Emergency Management Agency has approved just 23 percent of the requests for assistance it has received in the three months since tornadoes tore across North Carolina killing 24 people. Full story...
»

FEMA deadline for NC tornado victims approaches

READ MORE:
Less than a week remains to register for disaster assistance because of losses from the tornadoes that struck North Carolina April 16. Full story...
»

ONLY ON 3: New Hanover Co. Emergency Management Director briefs President Obama on hurricane season

READ MORE:
videoGov. Bev Perdue met with President Barack Obama today, the first day of the official hurricane season. Perdue took along New Hanover County Emergency Management Director Warren Lee as well. WWAY was the only Wilmington media outlet at the White House to talk with the participants about hurricane preparedness. Full story...
»

FEMA already has OK'd $6.5M following NC tornadoes

READ MORE:
About $6.5 million in government assistance already has been approved for displaced or distressed residents and businesses after last month's deadly tornadoes, emergency officials told state lawmakers Monday but said they're trying to overcome obstacles to let people know about the help. Full story...
»

FEMA says loss of roof is 'minor damage' in Dunn

READ MORE:
Federal officials have rejected a Dunn man's request for aid to rebuild his home after he lost most of his roof in the April 16 tornados. Full story...
»

FEMA Update: Storm survivors can now start applying for federal disaster assistance

READ MORE:
Survivors in North Carolina with property damage from the April 16 storms and tornadoes may apply for grants for temporary housing and home repairs, low-cost loans to cover uninsured property losses and other disaster assistance. Full story...
»