make WWAY your homepage  Become a fan on facebook  Follow us on twitter  Receive RSS Newsfeeds  MEMBERS: Register | Login

Wilmington Fire Department

Autopsy scheduled for homeless found dead, burned

READ MORE:
An autopsy is scheduled for a homeless man investigators found dead and burned at a homeless camp in the woods. Wilmington Police got a call Sunday morning from a man who said his friend was dead from a fire at their camp in the woods near 16th and Kidder Streets. Full story...
»

Firefighters respond to house fire in Wilmington

READ MORE:
The Wilmington Fire Department responded to a house fire Thursday night. The fire was off Independence Blvd near River Road and was set back about 200 yards in the woods in an abandoned house. Full story...
»

Safety Officials pitch in for Child Passenger Safety Week

READ MORE:
The Wilmington Police and Fire Departments are teaming up to help improve child safety. Full story...
»

Wilmington FD hosts first ever Scout Day

READ MORE:
The Wilmington Fire Department opened the doors of the Empie Park Fire Station for the first ever scout day. Full story...
»

Wilmington family escapes house fire

READ MORE:
Hot spots continue to burn after a Wilmington family escaped from an early morning house fire. Full story...
»

Investigators say fire victim killed self

READ MORE:
Investigators say a fire yesterday where a man was found dead was intentionally set. They also say the victim, George West Paylor, killed himself. Full story...
»

WFD: 'Unusual circumstances' surround fire death

READ MORE:
A Wilmington Fire Department spokesman says there are "unusual circumstances" surrounding a house fire where a man was found dead today. Full story...
»

WFD investigates arson at Market Street car lot

READ MORE:
Wilmington firefighters are investigating a suspected arson at a used car lot on Market Street. It happened last night just after 11:30 p.m. Full story...
»

Crews contain flames on shrimp boat

READ MORE:
Fire crews battled flames last night on a shrimp boat in the Seabreeze community. Full story...
»

Refrigerator blamed for 8th Street fire

READ MORE:
The Wilmington Fire Department says a fire this morning at 1022 S. 8th St. started from an electrical short in and around a refrigerator powered by an extension cord. Full story...
»