- About WWAY
- Contact Us
Wilmington Fire Department
Submitted by Allyson Lorick on Tue, 12/10/2013 - 8:46am.READ MORE:
Four people are safe this morning following a fire that sparked while they were inside their Wilmington home overnight. Fire crews say the flames, which were contained to the bedroom where they started, did cause between $25,000 and almost $40,000. Full story...
Submitted by Makenzi Henderson on Thu, 12/05/2013 - 12:50am.READ MORE:
A house fire in Wilmington took the lives of three pets Wednesday. Wilmington firefighters said just after 9 p.m., a small fire started in the front room of a home on the 100 block of Glendale Drive near Castle Hayne. Full story...
Submitted by WWAY on Wed, 11/20/2013 - 1:13pm.READ MORE:
The gas leak near Mayfaire and Landfall has been stopped, and Wilmington fire crews say evacuees are allowed to return to homes and businesses there. Battalion Chief David Hines says Piedmont Gas is still working to repair the four-inch line at the new commercial construction site at the end of Sir Tyler Drive. Full story...
Submitted by Sarah Murphy on Fri, 11/08/2013 - 5:58pm.READ MORE:
Wilmington couple is homeless after a fire destroyed their house. Firefighters say the blaze started just before 11:30 a.m. at the Abbington Terrace home. Full story...
Submitted by WWAY on Mon, 11/04/2013 - 5:16pm.READ MORE:
Police officers and firefighters rescued a deer caught out of its normal surroundings this weekend in downtown Wilmington. Full story...
Submitted by WWAY on Mon, 11/04/2013 - 2:47pm.READ MORE:
The fire department says crews were cleaning a storm drain around 12:30 p.m. when they heard a hissing sound and smelled gas. WFD says the leak is in a manhole in an alley between Princess and Chestnut near 17th St. Full story...
Submitted by Makenzi Henderson on Thu, 10/31/2013 - 10:38pm.READ MORE:
Halloween in the Cape Fear was another big scare! There were plenty of things for people of all ages to do. Full story...
Submitted by WWAY on Fri, 10/25/2013 - 5:14pm.READ MORE:
The Harris Teeter near UNCW has stayed open during months of renovations, but it is closed tonight after a fire this afternoon. Full story...
Submitted by WWAY on Fri, 10/11/2013 - 9:10am.READ MORE:
A Wilmington firefighter fired after he missed too much work while in jail for a crimes he'd later be acquitted of has his job back. Full story...
Submitted by WWAY on Mon, 09/30/2013 - 3:48pm.READ MORE:
The Wilmington Fire Department says a fire the damaged an Oleander Drive office building Friday was an accident caused by improperly discarded smoking material. Full story...