Every media outlet has fallen for "the massive cuts". Pray tell me if we cannot cut 2% of a 4% increase, how are we ever going to manage the 16 trillion dollar debt? How about some common sense reporting?
Politicians still haven't learned how to get along-dem or repub. Doesn't matter who is in office. I believe it should be a requirement for any candidate running to live for a year as a minimum wage earner with no help from the government. They should do without all entitlements, working 2or3 jobs just to try and make ends meet with no health/dental care (can't afford it), try to feed the kids, no extra curricular activities unless it's free but you either have to walk/ride bicycle because the gas is too high to drive, no cable, internet, nothing. I'm cutting off my internet next week because TW has increased rates by $14 in last 3mos. Plus everything else that's gone up just can't afford it any longer. I would really love to get my hair done but gas prices have taken that away from me. Washington needs to increase revenue by requiring the top 1% to pay their fair share of the taxes just like us low income folks. I bet it would definitely lower the debt in this country.
The top 1% already pay their fair share and more. Well over 50% of the taxes paid come from the top 1%. How much more should they pay? More people have to get off the government dole and get back to work which, by the way, is mostly provided by the top 1%! I think that the other 99% need to worry about contributing as well. How about making unemployment,welfare, fraudulent social security payments, etc. a little less acceptable to a growing percentage of the population? If we keep hammering the top 1% the jobs and investment will go away altogether - then we will have what our President wants - equality - nobody has anything!