I'm sad to see so many negative comments about the 700 Club. Just goes to show that people who don't seek truth are offended by it.
Thank you for making me laugh on a cold rainy morning.
I enjoyed the 700 club and watched each day. I will really miss watching at 9AM daily on WWAY3. I will continue to watch on another channel.
One less television evangelist scam artist and company polluting the airwaves! Wonderful news to real Christians as we contemplate Easter.
I was just commenting today that for a man(Pat R) and show representing God, this show is mostly political and money hungry. They are either commenting and bending the facts or asking for donations. I felt this was inappropriate for the experience I was looking for. GOOD BYE and good riddance.
Your comments that the 700 Club is leaving Wilmington is extremely deceiving and probably confusing many people.
Wilmington is 92.4% cable and/or ADS accessible leaving the program itself out of only 7.6% of Wilmington Households after it leaves WWAY. As a matter of fact, if I am correct The 700 club can be seen live on ABC Family, whereas WWAY was airing on a one day delay. It can also be seen on a same day delay at 11pm on ABC Family.
Since a number of 700 Club viewers are elderly, I think WWAY needs to bring clarity to this fact. I am sure you hate to see the revenue go away, but lets be fair and disclose ALL the facts.
John - nothing deceiving about this story - the '700 Club' is going away on WWAY after Friday - period. You're right though, fans can find it all over cable at different times on different days, but most watch it here on WWAY every morning at 9 a.m.
Since the '700 Club' didn't make the effort to alert former doners about why they were going off the air here, and since a representative from CBN, who we were promised would call us today, didn't, I'm not sure it's our responsibility to figure out when and where it runs all day on cable.
And you are incorrect about us taking it a day late. We take it live off the satellite in HD every morning at 9 a.m.
Thanks for checking out our website and for taking the time to leave a comment!
WWAY News Director
Scott: The 700 Club is fed live at 10am M-F ET, 7am West Coast. You are taking a one day delayed program off satellite which is fed from, what would be, yesterdays LIVE program. And Yes the Club is going off WWAY-period, but you are claiming that it is going out of the market, which it is not, it will still be available to 92.4% if Wilmington HH, Live, Live.
READ: What do you think about the 700 Club leaving the Wilmington Market?
Good riddance. All the show did was bash Obama and anything else they didn't care for. It's purpose was to bring folks closer to God not to encourage more pompus negative thinking.
I always, at 9:00 am always turn it off and turn on WHQR public radio.