make WWAY your homepage  Become a fan on facebook  Follow us on twitter  Receive RSS Newsfeeds  MEMBERS: Register | Login

Space heater cause of Pender fire

READ MORE:
fire300.jpg
Officials have confirmed an electric space heater was the cause of Sunday's mobile home fire in Pender County. The heater was placed too close to the sofa in the living room. It was one of five space heaters the family was using inside the home. The autopsy results confirm the family died of smoke inhalation. Officials also released the names of those who died; Gerardo Chavira Ramirez, his girlfriend Gladis Roque, and her children Ronald and Dayanna.

Disclaimer: Comments posted on this, or any story are opinions of those people posting them, and not the views or opinions of WWAY NewsChannel 3, its management or employees. You can view our comment policy here.

»

My prayers are with the family

I am sorry for the loss of another family devastated by house fire. I lost my two boys in Dec. 07. It was the hardest thing I've ever dealt with, and still am dealing with. My thoughts and prayers are with this family.