make WWAY your homepage  Become a fan on facebook  Follow us on twitter  Receive RSS Newsfeeds  MEMBERS: Register | Login

Fire

Flames in Duplin County

READ MORE:
An industrial building in Wallace caught fire Sunday afternoon. Full story...
»

Fire destroys home, kills pets

READ MORE:
The fire destroyed a mobile home off Greenville Loop Road in Wilmington this morning. The two people who lived inside were not home. Full story...
»

Barn in Wilmington goes up in flames

READ MORE:
Crews worked to tame the fire quickly because they were not sure if someone was inside. Fortunately the building was vacant. Firefighters manages to get the blaze under control quickly. Full story...
»

Wilmington firefighters revive kittens after house fire

READ MORE:
video A fire broke out Wednesday afternoon in downtown Wilmington. Luckily, no people were hurt in the fire and firefighters managed to save two kittens that nearly died in the house. Full story...
»

Fire leaves Wilmington family homeless

READ MORE:
A fire in Wilmington leaves a family without a home tonight. The home on 7th Street went up in flames just before 8:30 a.m. Full story...
»

Woman cannot save disabled husband from fire

READ MORE:
videoA woman struggles to drag her husband from their burning home, but she just couldn't get him out. The disabled man died in the early-morning fire in Columbus County. Flames hurt the wife. Full story...
»

Investigations continue into Leland fires

READ MORE:
There were three fires last week, including one that destroyed the Blackwell Chapel AME Zion Church. Full story...
»

Congregation holds service two days after church burns

READ MORE:
video Blackwell Chapel AME Zion Church in Leland is barely standing after a mysterious fire leveled it early Friday morning. But the congregation still stood on Sunday thanks to a little help from a church up the road. Full story...
»

Fire destroys historic Leland church

READ MORE:
video A long-standing church in Leland is no more after a fire reduced it to rubble. Ashes and memories are all that remain of the Blackwell Chapel AME Zion Church in Leland. Full story...
»

Woman dead after discarded cigarette leads to fire

READ MORE:
video 59-year-old Judy Godwin Cothren died this morning when her house caught on fire. Investigators say a cigarette started the fire. Full story...
»