make WWAY your homepage  Become a fan on facebook  Follow us on twitter  Receive RSS Newsfeeds  MEMBERS: Register | Login

Fire

Winnabow man saves pets, loses home to fire

READ MORE:
video Junior Wheeler has no place to stay tonight. His home on Dove Haven Road in Winnabow caught fire Tuesday around 1 a.m. leaving memories still smoking hours later. Full story...
»

Chadbourn man killed in housefire

READ MORE:
video A deadly fire in Columbus County last night left friends and family devastated. Around 11 p.m. Monday, police responded to a fire at a home in Chadbourn. Sixty-year-old Thomas Edward Brown did not make it out alive. Full story...
»

Local shop owner watches as his business goes up in flames

READ MORE:
A business in Brunswick County went up in flames Monday afternoon. J-2 Cabinetry is a family-owned cabinet shop off of Pisgah Road in Supply and it caught fire around 3 p.m. Full story...
»

Don't let your Christmas tree turn into a yule log

READ MORE:
video 'Tis the season for trimming the tree, but a Christmas tree in your home is a potential fire starter. Firefighters say the number one thing to remember this holiday season is to water your tree. Full story...
»

Fire sends one person to hospital with burns

READ MORE:
Wilmington firefighters responded this morning to a house fire at 1317 Audobon Drive. Full story...
»

Fire destroys restaurant in Calabash

READ MORE:
videoA big fire in a small Brunswick County town damaged a landmark restaurant Tuesday night. About 6:30 p.m. a fire call came into Brunswick County Dispatch. It was Captain John's in Calabash. Full story...
»

Restaurant fire sheds light on communication problem

READ MORE:
video The Captain John's Seafood restaurant fire brought up another issue for first responders. An issue key to success or failure when lives are on the line. Full story...
»

Flames in Duplin County

READ MORE:
An industrial building in Wallace caught fire Sunday afternoon. Full story...
»

Fire destroys home, kills pets

READ MORE:
The fire destroyed a mobile home off Greenville Loop Road in Wilmington this morning. The two people who lived inside were not home. Full story...
»

Barn in Wilmington goes up in flames

READ MORE:
Crews worked to tame the fire quickly because they were not sure if someone was inside. Fortunately the building was vacant. Firefighters manages to get the blaze under control quickly. Full story...
»