LELAND, NC - The Brunswick County Sheriff’s Office Drug Enforcement Unit arrested two 18-year-olds last Thursday in the Leland area.
During a routine traffic stop on June 24that approximately 10:00 pm on Hwy 74 a pound of high grade marijuana was seized from a Toyota 4-Runner driven by a Robert Weaver Wood. The marijuana’s street value is estimated at $6,000. Both driver and passenger, Patrick Allen McInnis, were charged with the following:
• One count Conspire to Deliver Marijuana
• One count Maintaining Vehicle/ Dwelling/ Place Controlled Substance
• One count Possession Drug Paraphernalia
• One count Possession with Intent to Sell and Deliver Marijuana
• One count Manufacture Marijuana
McInnis and Wood were transported to the Brunswick County Detention Facility, both receiving a $25,000 unsecured bond.
INFORMATION FROM A NEWS RELEASE SENT TO THE WWAY NEWSCHANNEL 3 NEWSROOM....