make WWAY your homepage  Become a fan on facebook  Follow us on twitter  Receive RSS Newsfeeds  MEMBERS: Register | Login

Man dies after contracting flesh-eating bacteria in water near state line

A Robeson County man is dead after being exposed to a flesh eating bacteria while fishing near the state line. Doctors say Charles Curtis Hardin, 56, of Fairmont, died last week after they amputated his leg in an attempt to save his life.

Disclaimer: Comments posted on this, or any story are opinions of those people posting them, and not the views or opinions of WWAY NewsChannel 3, its management or employees.

»

Bacteria

No worries. Politicians will change the info to protect tourism. Same as not accepting the scientific studies on sea rise.