TROUBLESHOOTERS: Child support woes
Submitted by wway news on Wed, 10/13/2010 - 9:49pm.

Full Story »

I have been trying to get my child support every month for my son since he was 4 yrs old,he is 17 now. I would get a check every so often and it seems only when I called everyday to see what was happening. My ex has not seen a court room since 09, I have only recieved partial payments and going to court for him is a joke, NC courts keeps making deals and he never complies, only thing that I can say about it is if you owe child support, move to NC, you will not go to jail,you can still renew your license and you can live your life knowing that noone will serve you, because you live here. It is sad that you do not pay your obligations, but you will have to answer to a higher power than me. I gave up trying because I don't have time to do their job and find him. I have not asked for an increase, I just want what is owed and no more. North Carolina Child Enforcement is a joke, I live in Colorado now and yes the courts know where I am because I did inform them like a good citizen. It is no joke here if you don't pay your support!!!!! NC needs to get a clue. So continue Child Enforcement to sit around and collect a paycheck, while our kids suffer because your hands are tied