make WWAY your homepage  Become a fan on facebook  Follow us on twitter  Receive RSS Newsfeeds  MEMBERS: Register | Login

Wilmington burn victim dies

WILMINGTON -- A Wilmington man has died after suffering burns over all of his body on Friday. Ron Summerville, 48, was burning old bills in his back yard in the Echo Farms neighborhood. When Summerville ran out of lighter fluid he poured gasoline on the fire, causing it to flash and engulf him in flames. Emergency crews took Summerville to the UNC Chapel Hill Burn Center where he died on Saturday.

Disclaimer: Comments posted on this, or any story are opinions of those people posting them, and not the views or opinions of WWAY NewsChannel 3, its management or employees. You can view our comment policy here.