UPDATE: Carolina Beach Police shoot out suspect’s tire


CAROLINA BEACH, NC (WWAY) — Brandon Scott Glisson is now in the Carolina Beach Jail after fleeing police and assaulting an officer with a deadly weapon… a vehicle.

Lieutenant Anthony Marcucilli was attempting to serve warrants to Glisson, who was staying in the Mt. Vernon Inn in Carolina Beach. Lt. Marcucilli approached Glisson in his vehicle, but Glisson tried to flee. A vehicle is considered a deadly weapon, and the lieutenant was almost pulled under the white GMC Jimmy when Glisson tried to get away, so Lt. Marcucilli tried to stop it and then fired three rounds into the left rear tire.

- Advertisement -

Glisson continued to drive away and eventually abandoned the vehicle at 630 St. Joseph Street. Glisson jumped in a boat and tried to hide, but Carolina Beach Police found and arrested him minutes later.

Glisson is in custody and has been charged with assault with a deadly weapon on a police officer and various other charges.

Tune in to WWAY NewsChannel 3 at 5 for complete coverage.



At approximately 11:45 a.m. the management of the Mount Vernon Inn called and stated that there was a Brandon Scott Glisson in room #17, reference warrants on the subject.

The New Hanover county 911 center dispatched Lt. Marcucilli to that location reference warrant service. While Lt. Marcucilli was en route to the Mount Vernon Inn, 911 dispatch confirmed there were 7 outstanding warrants from Pender County and also New Hanover County Probation Office. Upon Lt. Marcucilli arrival to Mount Vernon Inn Mr. Glisson was sitting a white GMC Jimmy. Upon the approach to the vehicle, Mr. Glisson attempted to flee in the vehicle.

When Lt. Marcucilli realized the vehicle was moving which almost pulled him under the vehicle, Lt. Marcucilli gave several attempts to stop the vehicle. Lt. Marcucilli then shot three rounds in the left rear tire of the vehicle attempting to disable the vehicle. The suspect drove the vehicle to the 600 block of St. Joseph Street where Mr. Glisson ran on foot to a nearby marina where he was hiding on a boat. Officers located Mr. Glisson, and took him into custody.

Further charges are pending reference this incident.