WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — Spring is in the air, and that means WWAY is on the road!
Your favorite TV station in southeastern North Carolina is starting another #ThisIsThePlace Roadtrip. Last spring we visited and profiled seven towns around our area. This time we’ll be visiting 10 events around the region.
Our first stop is Southport for the Southport Spring Festival! Randy Aldridge will be LIVE in Franklin Square Park during WWAY NEWS at Noon as the festival gets going.
Then tonight Amanda Fitzpatrick will broadcast Good Evening Wilmington LIVE from Waterfront Park with special guests and stories from Kirsten Gutierrez about what Southport has to offer this spring and summer, as well as a preview of this weekend’s 200th birthday celebration for Old Baldy Lighthouse just across the Cape Fear River on Bald Head Island.
So tune in to check out what’s going on, or if you’re in the area, stop by and meet the team.
Help us show why #ThisIsThePlace so many of us love to call home!
WWAY’s 2017 #ThisIsThePlace Roadtrip is sponsored by D&E Mitsubishi, Howard RV Center and Performance Auto Specialists.
Here’s the rest of our tour dates:
- April 21: Taste of Calabash, Calabash Community Park
- April 28: Kure Beach 70th Anniversary Celebration, Ocean Front Park
- May 5: Wells Fargo Championship, Eagle Point Golf Club, Porters Neck
- May 12: North Brunswick Chamber of Commerce, Compass Pointe, Leland
- May 19: 39th White Lake Water Festival, Goldston’s Beach
- May 26: Soundside Park, Surf City
- June 2: Carolina Beach Music Festival preview and National Doughnut Day, Carolina Beach Boardwalk
- June 97: Full Strawberry Moon, Ingram Planetarium, Sunset Beach
- June 16, 2017: North Carolina Blueberry Festival, Downtown Burgaw