WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — Downtown Wilmington is one of two transportation hubs for the Wells Fargo Championship.
You will not be able to drive to Eagle Point Golf Club for the tournament, shuttles will be the only way you can get there. View a printable map for downtown tournament shuttle information.
The two sites for shuttle service are downtown Wilmington on Harnett Street and Hampstead, at the site of the annual Spot Festival.
The city of Wilmington expects 20,000 spectators daily, which means public parking will be limited. If you’re coming downtown to park, there’s what you should know.
- Public parking: The city, county, and Cape Fear Community College will have public parking available in existing parking decks, on-street metered parking and surface lots.
- Free trolley to shuttle pick-up site: People parking downtown can walk to the transportation shuttle on Harnett Street or use the downtown trolley. The trolley comes by every 10 minutes and will run from 5:45 a.m. to 9:45 p.m. daily.
- Taxi, ride share or other drop offs: Eagle Point Golf Club is not accessible for any of those services. There is a drop off/pick up site for those using these options via North 2nd Street to Bladen Street for drop-off/pick up. Vehicles are not allowed to park on Bladen Street.
- Bikers: The city will have bike racks available at the Harnett St. shuttle site. Bike are not allowed at Eagle Point.
- Private lots and parking decks: Several privately-owned surface parking lots and decks are available downtown. Some allow public parking, but not all.
Everything gets underway on Monday.