WFD: ‘Improperly discarded smoking materials’ causes deadly house fire

0

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — A man is dead after an early morning house fire in Wilmington.

According to a release, Wilmington Fire Department responded to 1619 Grace Street just after 1:30 a.m. Wednesday.

- Advertisement -

Officials saw smoke coming from the home and after a search, found one victim.

The fire was extinguished and the SBI, Fire Marshal and Wilmington Police Department are investigating.

Fire Investigators have ruled this an accidental fire.



The Wilmington Fire Department says the origin was a bed, with the cause being improperly discarded smoking material. Damage estimates to the home are approximately $2,500.