WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — Believe it or not you now can get detailed info on the hospital through the Amazon Echo.
The hands-free speakers, which feature the computerized personal assistant Alexa, are controlled by voice.
NHRMC developed the NHRMC Amazon Skill to allow users to access designated features including:
- Parking information
- Visitor information
- Lost and found information
- Essential items for a hospital visit (both an emergency and planned visit)
- Important phone numbers
- Information on paying your bills and viewing medical records
- Directions to the nearest urgent care
- Information about the NHRMC care team
Anyone who has an Amazon interactive smart speaker can enable the NHRMC skill by prompting their device with the command “Alexa, enable NHRMC.”
To find out information, start your question with “Alexa, Ask NHRMC.”
“Publishing the NHRMC Alexa skill allows the health system to expand its reach to our customers through this emerging communications channel,” said John Tuman, NHRMC’s chief technology officer. “While most of the skills are informational, we are seeking ideas on how to leverage this technology to achieve our mission of improving the health of our community.”