The affected areas include 200 feet above and below:
• 59th Avenue North in North Myrtle Beach
• 45th Avenue North in North Myrtle Beach
• 3rd Avenue North in North Myrtle Beach
• 11th Avenue North in Surfside Beach
• 3rd Avenue South in Surfside Beach
These sections are under advisory because high bacteria levels have been detected in the water. Swimming is not advised until those levels return to normal.
Officials say it is safe to wade, collect shells and fish within the swimming advisory areas, but beach-goers are urged to guard against the possibility of swallowing the water.
Click here to read more.