BOLIVIA, NC (WWAY) — Brunswick Family Assistance continues to coordinate volunteer efforts, donation management and distribution sites in Brunswick County, as citizens continue to reach out wanting to assist in the wake of Hurricane Florence.
Since Thursday, Brunswick Family Assistance has provided supplies to almost 5,000 people through mobile distribution sites and food pantries, and has received numerous phone calls from people wanting to volunteer.
“I think that as a community, we are all working together very well to help our neighbors in need,” Brunswick Family Assistance Executive Director Stephanie Bowen said.
Brunswick Family Assistance continues to offer water, food and supplies at distribution sites around the County. Upcoming distribution sites, held 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily, include:
- Wednesday, Sept. 26
- Beulah Baptist Church, 670 Hickman Rd. NW Calabash, NC 28467 (Little River Area)
- Pastor Barbara Bell’s Church, 4124 Mt. Misery Road NE, Leland, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 27
- First Baptist Church of Shallotte, 4486 Main Street, Shallotte *this site will also provide meals while supplies last
- Navassa Community Center, 334 Main Street, Navassa
- Friday, Sept. 28
- Brunswick Baptist Association, 1041 Old Ocean Highway, Bolivia
Requested donation items include monetary donations, non-perishable foods, diapers (infant and adult), water, toiletries, feminine items, cleaning supplies, paper towels and toilet tissue, new clothes (not used) including undergarments, new shoes, new socks, new towels, new sheets, and gift cards to WalMart, Food Lion, Home Depot and Lowes.
To volunteer or donate, contact Brunswick Family Assistance at (910) 754-4766 or firstname.lastname@example.org.