NEW HANOVER COUNTY, NC (WWAY) — If you have travel plans in Wilmington on Saturday, you might want to avoid areas that will be impacted by the New Hanover Regional Medical Center Wrightsville Beach Half & Full Marathon.
The race begins at 6:40 a.m. on Saturday in Wrightsville Beach. It’s expected to wrap up by 1:00 p.m.
The City of Wilmington says the event benefits several charities, including the Community Boys and Girls Club and Hurricane Florence Relief.
Here’s a list of traffic hot spots:
- Military Cutoff and Destiny – expect significant delays between 7:15am and 9:30am
- Eastwood and Rogersville – expect significant delays between 7:15am and 9:45am
- Oleander and Airlie/Wrightsville Ave – Expect significant delays between 8:00am and 11:00am
- Salisbury Street on Wrightsville Beach – Closed from 6:10am to 10:45am
- Airlie Rd Eastbound (sound side) – you will not be able to travel from Oleander to Eastwood Via Airlie – only from Eastwood to Oleander (west)
- 1 Lane of Eastwood and Military Cutoff will be shut down in Both directions leading into the intersection. Expect slower traffic
- Rose Ave/Mallard and Rill to Clear Run will be slower traffic
- Autumn Hall residents be mindful of marathoners between miles 20-23 in your neighborhood through 12:00pm.
Click here for more information on the marathon.