CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — The Catholic Diocese of Charlotte will publish a list of clergy members who have been credibly accused of child sexual abuse, following other U.S. dioceses.
In Monday’s announcement, Bishop Peter Jugis said the 46-county diocese is committed to finishing investigations into clergy abuse and publishing names of the accused by year’s end.
The Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests released the names of five priests that once lived or worked in the area who it said had been accused of sexual abuse.
Rene Anctil of the organization told the newspaper that “it is good they will release the names (but) I am not sure why the delay. They already have all the info.”