SURF CITY, NC (WWAY) — A fire at a popular restaurant in Surf City is forcing the restaurant to close temporarily.
Surf City Fire Chief Allen Wilson said a fire was reported at the New York Corner Deli in the 200 block of North Topsail Drive on Tuesday around 7 a.m.
Chief Wilson said the fire started in a clothes dryer in the store. He said the fire was contained to the dryer and put out quickly.
According to a Facebook post, the New York Corner Deli is closed for now.
“We are closed due to a fire. Not sure when we will be able to reopen so please check here before coming out to see us. We hope to be operating again at some capacity in a few days. Thankfully no one was hurt and we will repair the damage as quickly as we can.”
Chief Wilson said there is smoke damage in the store, but that the damage is minimal.