BRUNSWICK COUNTY, NC (WWAY) — Masks are now required in public in the City of Southport.
It started at 5 p.m. Monday.
The face coverings requirement applies to spaces such as grocery stores, retail stores, parking lots, sidewalks, and public transit.
The city says face coverings are not required during individual exercise.
The requirement will remain in place until rescinded.
Face coverings not required:
- For those whose religious beliefs prevent them from wearing one
- For those who cannot wear a face covering due to a medical or behavioral condition
- Children under 12
- Restaurants patrons who are seated and dining
- In private, individual offices
- When complying with directions of law enforcement officers
- In settings where it’s not feasible to wear one such as receiving dental services or swimming
- While with members of a family or same household
- While exercising or walking outdoors, or exercising from those from the same household