WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY)–New Hanover County Schools announced on Friday night they will allow athletes to resume limited activity on July 6th at the counties four high schools.
The limited workouts will include mostly conditioning and select individual exercises. The school will be required to follow a strict set of guidelines set forth by the states health care officials. Health care precautions include but are not limited to:
- Student athlete education session
- Daily temperature checks
- Daily wellness checks
- Social distancing beyond the regular requirements
- Required use of face coverings by coaches
- Required use of face coverings by athletes when not engaged in activity
- Increased hand hygiene
- Specific entrance and exiting processes of fields and gymnasiums
All workouts will be considered optional for the student-athletes.