LELAND, NC (WWAY) — Several crews responded to a fire at a gas station in Leland early Thursday morning.
The fire was at the Citgo located at 115 Village Road NE near the Food Lion grocery store. It was reported around 4:42 a.m.
Leland fire crews arrived three minutes later and found smoke coming from all sides of the building. They forced entry into the building and quickly extinguished the primary blaze.
A fire official on the scene tells WWAY there was heavy smoke and heat damage inside the building.
Fire crews from New Hanover County Fire Rescue, Navassa Volunteer Fire Department, and Northwest Volunteer Fire Department and Brunswick County Emergency Services assisted on scene.
No one was injured and the fire remains under investigation.