FIRST ON 3: Strip club fire ruled arson

WILMINGTON, NC (NEWS RELEASE) - WFD crews responded this morning at 5:10 am to a structure fire at 6768 Market Street, Private Dancer.

Investigators have determined that the fire was intentionally set and is now a criminal investigation.

The building was unoccupied at the time of the fire.

It was brought under control within 30 minutes with no injuries being reported.

There is extensive damage to the building and contents.

Disclaimer: Comments posted on this, or any story are opinions of those people posting them, and not the views or opinions of WWAY NewsChannel 3, its management or employees. You can view our comment policy here.

That place is an eye sore and needless to say they run illegal operations.. they should have let it burn to the ground.

here those young ladies worked hard; earned a living; and stayed off entitlements.

What did this fire accomplish other than give some arsonist a cheap thrill?

If Jennifer Beals had been there she coulda just got on stage and done her FlashDance routine. The firefighters might have been left a little hot and wet, but when she pulled the water bucket down she definitely would have saved the day.

Why does the title refer to this as a Strip Club? Its a private dancing establishment just like the title says. Would you really want to call what your daughter did while she was supposed to be in community college stripping? I think not. She put those jazz and tap lessons to good work and is dancing! Don't demean something beautiful just because you don't understand or agree with it.

How the story should have read:

Firefighters arriving on scene were initially perplexed and thought they were dreaming. A spokesperson advised they were overwhelmed by the scent of burning pina colda body lotion and crushed dreams. One veteran firefighter was badly burned when he instinctively tried to slide down the poll. Two were hospitalized for inhaling glitter-filled ash.

Ha! Someone burnt down the jack shack. Mabye the girls will join the rest of their hookers at the super 8 on market.

Oh no someone burnt down a gentlemans club, now the hookers must find somewhere else to go. Whatever shall we do?

We'll have to go out and hunt for them like they used to do back in the day.

They said they offered a hot time there.

Would this be considered poetic justice considering how many men have left there with a burning sensation?

I'm so sad to hear that someone intentionally burned Private Dancers. Those girls brought alot of joy to many gentlemen. I'm just glad to hear the everyone pulled out in time before they got burned.

That's why us firefighters teach everyone that you really must protect yourself. You don't want any unwanted fires and need to take measures for when one strikes. We recommend fire extinguishers and sprinklers for businesses and smoke detectors for everyone.

Amen to that Jack!

5am?? last call anyone??

I wouldn't want to be inhaling those fumes in that place. Lord only knows what burned up in there. YUK

I hate to hear this. Fine establishment. Sweet girls. Huge loss for me personally and many other patrons. My thoughts and prayers are with all the girls

haha you sound serious thats pathetic