Our News Department offers an opportunity for students to learn the different roles in the newsroom. Interns have the opportunity to learn about all aspects of the newsroom and what it’s like to work in a real TV station. We seek students who are dedicated, willing and eager to learn about the television news business. We have opportunities for reporter interns, social media interns, web interns, weather interns, anchor interns, production interns along with giving each candidate a chance to learn every aspect of the newsroom.
Internships are offered during the fall, spring and summer semesters to enrolled juniors, seniors or graduate students with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- As a condition of acceptance into the program, you must receive college credit.
- You must first get permission to be in the internship program from your advisor.
- All applicants must be 18 years or older and authorized to work in the United States.
- Applicants must also pass a criminal background check.
How to Apply
If you are interested in the program e-mail the documents below to our newsroom
- Email your resume.
- A cover letter stating your preference of internship assignment & career goals.
- Professional letter of recommendation.
Summer – (Not accepting interns Summer 2018)
The internship is unpaid, but the skills you will learn will make you a stronger journalist and help you to be able to be prepared and compete with other students in the same career field.