Our News Department offers an opportunity for students to learn the different roles in the newsroom. Interns have the opportunity to learn about all aspects of the newsroom and what it’s like to work in a real TV station. We seek students who are dedicated, willing and eager to learn about the television news business.
Internships are offered during the fall, spring and summer semesters to enrolled juniors, seniors or graduate students at a college or university with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- As a condition of acceptance into the program, you must receive college credit.
- You must first get permission to be in the internship program from your advisor.
- All applicants must be 18 years or older and authorized to work in the United States.
- Applicants must also pass a criminal background check.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in the program you can apply by emailing the following documents to the internship coordinator and human resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A cover letter stating your preference of internship dates, hours/days available to intern, school advisor contact to confirm you are able to internship and state your career goals.
- Professional letter of recommendation from faculty or television industry official.
The internship is unpaid, but the skills you will learn will make you a stronger journalist and help you to be able to be prepared and compete with other students in the same career field. Upon acceptance of internship you will have to provide proof you will receive school credit.